Let there be less light!
The energy prices are going high, even though it creates difficulties right now I believe this is a good thing for our future.
High coasts on electricity and gas is forcing us to rethink how we use our resources. It’s making us consider alternative power sources rather than our convenience. People are switching to renewable energy providers, they are investing in solar or wind powers and trying to avoid unnecessary usage of energy.
It’s time we realised that fossil fuels won’t be sustainable for our way of living. When we have the unlimited resources from our winds, oceans and sun it’s very unreasonable to focus on the only limited resources that cause more problem than solving. Right now the best thing you can do is if you’re in a city switch to renewable energy provider, if you have the space install your own solar panels to collect your energy. If not there are some simple ways to reduce your energy use and bill…
Renewable Energy Suppliers:
1) Use a bowl to wash-up
2) Reduce washing machine use by cycle a week
3) Fill the kettle with the water you need
4) Make sure your taps are properly closed and if the tap is dripping make sure to fix it
5) Spend 1 minute less each day in the shower
6) Turn off the tap when brushing teeth, shaving, or washing face
7) Replace shower head with a water efficient one
8) Turn off the lights when you’re not using them
9) Replace your bulbs with energy efficient LEDs
10) Turn your appliances off from standby mood
11) Don’t leave laptops or phones on charger unnecessarily
12) If you have a timer on your heater set the heating and hot water to come on only when required
13) Turn you main thermostat down by 1 degree, you can save around 10% on your energy
14) Draught-proof your windows and doors and block cracks
15) Use the Citizen Advice energy price comparison tool to see if you can save money
16) Visit Simple Energy Advice and get personalised energy saving advice
17) Do laundry with cold water and air dry instead of using dryer
18) Turn the TV and WiFi off if you’re not using
19) Check if you’re eligible for the Warm Home Discount
20) Apply and register to electricity network priority services if you need extra help.
*All of the text above is based on personal thoughts and experiences. Please don't view it as professional facts or suggestions.*